- Is it OK to take CBD with Plavix?
- What is the best painkiller to take with Plavix?
- Can I take Plavix and aspirin at the same time?
- Is Plavix an anti inflammatory?
- Can you ever stop taking Plavix?
- Is it better to take Plavix in the morning or at night?
- Does Plavix make you feel tired?
- What antacids are safe to take with Plavix?
- What medicines interact with Plavix?
- Can you take Tylenol with Plavix?
- What foods should you avoid when taking Plavix?
- What foods should you avoid if you are on blood thinners?
Is it OK to take CBD with Plavix?
How the interaction occurs: Cannabidiol may slow down how quickly your liver process clopidogrel to its active form..
What is the best painkiller to take with Plavix?
Painkillers. It’s fine to take paracetamol with clopidogrel. You can also take opioid-type painkillers such as codeine, co-codamol, tramadol or morphine alongside clopidogrel.
Can I take Plavix and aspirin at the same time?
That said, aspirin and Plavix used together might help prevent some strokes, as shown by the study published in the New England Journal of Medicine in which the combination of aspirin and clopidogrel decreased the risk of first strokes in people with atrial fibrillation who are unable to take coumadin for various …
Is Plavix an anti inflammatory?
Plavix is an anticoagulant and aspirin is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). Aspirin also is used to reduce fever, and to treat pain and inflammation in the body.
Can you ever stop taking Plavix?
Feb. 5, 2008 — Heart attack survivors and other heart patients may be more likely to die or suffer a heart attack in the first three months after stopping the drug Plavix, new research shows. Plavix is an antiplatelet drug.
Is it better to take Plavix in the morning or at night?
You can take clopidogrel at whatever time of day you find easiest to remember, but take your doses at the same time of day each day. Most people prefer to take it in the morning, as they find this helps them to remember to take it regularly. You can take the tablet either before or after a meal.
Does Plavix make you feel tired?
Clopidogrel may cause side effects. Tell your doctor if any of these symptoms are severe or do not go away: excessive tiredness. headache.
What antacids are safe to take with Plavix?
– Patients who use clopidogrel and need a medication to reduce stomach acid can use antacids and most H2 blockers such as Zantac (ranitidine), Pepcid (famotidine), Axid (nizatidine), but not Tagamet and Tagamet HB (cimetidine).
What medicines interact with Plavix?
Serious InteractionsSELECTED PLATELET AGGREGATION INHIBITORS/NSAIDS.CLOPIDOGREL/ESOMEPRAZOLE; OMEPRAZOLE; CIMETIDINE.CLOPIDOGREL/FLUCONAZOLE; KETOCONAZOLE; VORICONAZOLE.CLOPIDOGREL/ETRAVIRINE.CLOPIDOGREL/FELBAMATE.CLOPIDOGREL/TICLOPIDINE.CLOPIDOGREL/FLUOXETINE; FLUVOXAMINE.More items…
Can you take Tylenol with Plavix?
Usually, your doctor or pharmacist will recommend that you take acetaminophen (Tylenol) if you’re using Plavix. This is because acetaminophen is an over-the-counter (OTC) pain medication that’s least likely to cause bleeding.
What foods should you avoid when taking Plavix?
Is there any food or drink I need to avoid? Do not drink grapefruit juice while taking clopidogrel. Grapefruit juice may increase the blood-thinning effect of your medicine.
What foods should you avoid if you are on blood thinners?
If you take medicine for your heart, doctors recommend staying away from some foods because of the risk of interaction….Blood thinners: Eat fewer foods with vitamin KAsparagus.Broccoli.Brussels sprouts.Cauliflower.Green onions.Kale.Parsley.Spinach.